If you are thinking about adding a koi pond to your landscaping, then we think you are on the right track. Here at Just Pondering, we love the effect a koi pond has on a yard and to the overall look and feel of a home. There are many benefits to koi ponds. Below are some benefits that you may not have already considered.
- Higher perceived value of your home – Many homebuyers view koi ponds as a desirable upgrade to a home. This can be a key selling feature of your home.
- Fewer insects – Koi love to eat insects. If you are worried about flies and insects being drawn to your pond, we recommend adding a few koi to help cut down on the pesky pests.
- Selling koi fish – If you want to breed and sell your koi fish there is a great market for it.
- Good pets – Koi make excellent pets. They do require some upkeep but are far easier than taking care of a cat or dog.
- Strength and tranquility – Koi fish are a symbol of strength in the Japanese culture. They are also known for reducing feelings of stress while watching them. The feeling you get while being around your koi pond is like none other. It can fill your soul with peace, strength, and calmness.
We have over 12 years of experience installing, maintaining and repairing koi ponds. If you are interested in receiving a quote from us or scheduling your koi pond installation, give us a call or stop by our office today.