If you’ve ever taken the time to stop and admire the beautiful serenity of any body of water, you know that such water features can give off an air of tranquility. You can have that same tranquility in your own yard by adding a water feature. Here at Just Pondering, we have several options available. Here are your options for pond installation.
- Basic ponds: One of our most basic options is a simple pond. You can dress it up however you like by adding different features and landscaping like water rocks and lilies. We also offer a variety of shapes and sizes to match your backyard.
- Koi ponds: These ponds can bring more excitement to your property with the live fish, but you will need to feed and care for the fish. Fortunately, the koi will naturally help with the upkeep of your pond as they feed off the algae and insects.
- Ponds with waterfall features: A waterfall feature installed with your pond can keep the water moving and add extra visual appeal. The waterfall can also make your pond more calming to watch as you listen to the constant babbling of the flowing water.
Whether you like the idea of the basic pond, koi pond, or the pond with a waterfall there is still much to take into consideration.
- Location: Your pond will need to receive at least 6 hours of sunlight mixed with a bit of shade to keep the algae growth under control. You should also avoid a pond installation directly under a large tree that will shed too many leaves into the pond.
- Size: You should choose a size that works with your yard. Our most popular sizes are 8’ x 11’ and 11’ x 16’ ponds.
- Upkeep: Do you want a koi pond where the fish will handle much of the upkeep as long as you take care of them, or would you rather not add another pet to the family?
- Features and landscaping: You could add a large variety of water features from fountains to waterfalls and landscaping including water rocks or floating or submerged plants. You could also keep your pond plain and simple.
Here at Just Pondering, we will talk you through your options and help you decide which pond installation is right for you. Just give us a call today.